Thursday 12 December 2019

Tricky things these helicopter seats

Under orders from the management (Julie) I've had some time off electronics to finally fit the fold away seats in my Merlin helicopter.

I had been putting it off as they are very fiddly to install- being only 3/4 inch tall!

This is, of course, an Airfix 1:28 scale model! It is what my boys got me for my birthday nearly 2 years ago. I promised to do a really good job of it, so it is taking a long time. All the interior is now complete though, so it's back to larger parts which will be quicker. 

Another item of vintage RDF arrived today- a seafix 2000. Good working order, I've yet to take a peek inside to see what electronic architecture it uses. Instead, I've made a start on the first permanent PCB geiger counter. This will be done on a hand milled PCB, using my dremel tool.

Tube clips and anode resistor fitted


No comments: