Wednesday 18 December 2019

Building the DSO138 Oscilloscope - Pt.2

The nicely laid out glossy, full colour guide made much of the build very easy, but first, I had to get myself comfortable! So, with the iron and my cup of tea hot, I laid out the necessary tools and the construction guide,

Ready to start

Resistors fitted

One thing to note is that many parts connect to the extensive ground-plane - a little extra heat and a little longer with the iron tip on the joint is required,

Diodes, Inductors, crystal and USB socket

Ceramic capacitors and push-buttons added

LED, regulators and transistors

Electrolytics, power inductor, trimmers

Switches and connectors

At this point, the only part left to install was the BNC socket. Taking it very steady, and with a spot of lunch and lots of cups of tea in the meantime, getting to this stage took about 3h. I was going very carefully and methodically though, and following the guide to the exact letter.

No comments: