Sunday 10 November 2019

SARBE-6 Trouble?

Hmmm, maybe theres a fault, or maybe im doing something wrong!

A couple of days ago, I carried out the modification to the SARBE-6 as detailed in my previous posts. Now im not sure if its worked as expected, or if my handling the electronics has caused some damage, but it seems to have gone somewhat intermittent!

So, back to studying the schematics! Its possible that ive just misunderstood the effect of the modification, as I did both the Tx and Rx reed mods together. The receiver passes self test, but the Tx doesnt. More worrying though is that with a direct connection from the antenna port to my Marconi 2955, the receiver itself doesnt seem to want to play as it should.

I really need it working properly with the test set before I even think of retuning it!

No comments: