Wednesday 6 November 2019

Hedgehogs

I have numerous hedgehogs visit my garden, and ive built a cat proof feeding station to help fatten them up ready to hibernate.

What the heck has this to do with radio and electronics? Well, I know how many are visiting due to my trail camera of course!

This was a great investment! Along with a set of eight high capacity NiMH AA's from 7Dayshop, this has been revealing the comings and goings of these wonderfully cute nocturnal critters for a couple of weeks now. However, one small problem is that its active IR illuminator doesnt reach very far, and there is often activity out in the shadows.

To try and improve the far field of view, tonight I will be experimenting with the contents of a bargain crate of 8h military IR cyalume sticks! Im hoping that these will help reveal what is going on in the dark corners of the video frames!

No comments: