Friday 29 November 2019

Delaying testing the G-M tubes - with good reason

As any electronics enthusiast could probably appreciate - I'm itching to test these Geiger-Müller tubes! But, I've decided to force myself to wait! Why? Well, although I have my scratch built High Voltage divider chain, it is only 100:1, and built from standard 300V resistors. So I've decided to wait until I can get a very accurate voltage reading - which means waiting for the Next Day delivery of a 1GΩ 2kV resistor, coming from RS Components, for the sake of another couple of quid.


I've also had to enter into a dispute with, yet again, a Chinese ebay seller. The 3W IR LED modules I bought to create extra illumination for the trail camera, turn out to be just 1W. Of course, the seller will now try and give me the run around, but I don't play games with these people!

I've also turned down an appalling counter-offer made by seller "dosimeters_radiometers_counters", who believes the 'Best Offer' option is for wholesale, and sent a counter-offer of exactly the asking price! No, its isn't. I thought only the Far East sellers used that dirty trick!

Amazingly, it's actually stopped raining, and there is sunshine! The ground will still be sodden, but I might make a little foray out later, to play with the Radiofix receiver up on the top of a local hill - away from all the electrical crud!

No comments: