Monday 11 December 2017

Free fermentation bucket!

Someone at work brought in the remains of their kids Halloween sweets a while back, which came in a big tub. This was a 5kg Swizzles Party Pack


Once empty, I noticed it had a really good tight fitting lid, and was marked as food safe polypropylene. Hmmm, thinks me - I bet that has around 8 or so litres volume, would make a good fermentation bucket!

So, I 'claimed' it. Filling it one litre at a time with water, and marking it off, it turns out it holds 12L when filled right to the top.

I also noted a small, slightly thicker spot on the lid, perhaps something to do with the molding machine. Using a tapered drill bit, and a spare airlock as a gauge, I drilled a hole here until the airlock 'almost' fit, then proceeded to cut one turn at a time, until the airlock would push in snugly. 


Hey Presto! A 12L fermentation bucket absolutely free! Just in time to put on a gallon of Turbo Cider this week!

On each blog post  I will be including the following link -
 £50 credit if you switch energy supplier to Bulb Ltd
This is my own personal referral link, not an advert! I am with Bulb for gas and electricity. Do your own research, but if you decide to switch to them, do so via the above link, and we both get a £50 credit!

No comments: