Friday 11 January 2019

Clansman Cable Chomped!

Since ive got the 320s in bits, I thought i'd also try and find out why my spare handset wont key the transmitter.

After much metering, cable flexing at both ends, and scratching of bonce, all of which got me nowhere, since the metering showed good and the flexing didnt cause anything.. I happened to move the middle of the cable!...

...and it keyed up!

Examining the cable I discovered a cut in the outer sheath, moving this exposed the damaged interior! It looks like at some point the cable has been trapped and cut. Really annoyingly, the cut is about six inches from the plug end! These are not easy plugs to repair! Had it been the same distance from the handset I could have just cut it back and soldered it back on.

So, thats another job for another day! Ive a cable on a pair of DT100 cans to repair first!

No comments: